[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Soft Landing

G. Waleed Kavalec Kavalec at BSWA.com
Fri May 18 13:52:40 EDT 2007

> > ISPs MUST demonstrate availability of IPv6 infrastructure
> > before getting new ipv4 space is in fact good for IPv6 deployment
> > and its production use which is ultimate goal here.

> that is the ultimate goal?
>
> if ipv6 is the members' futures (and that is yet to be clear) then if
> they choose to be foolish enough not to prepare, why is it incumbent
> on arin to *force* them to what we thing is a good business model?
> our charter is stewardship and education, not forcing members'
> siness plans.

ARIN stewards resources. Exactly the reason.

Why should those who ARE preparing for ipv6 be denuded of the last vestiges of ipv4 by the short-sightedness (or greed) of those who are not?

> if ipv6 is the members' futures (and that is yet to be clear)

What part of no more ipv4 to allocate is unclear?