[ppml] article about IPv6 vs firewalls vs NAT in arstechnica (seen on slashdot)

Jason Schiller schiller at uu.net
Fri May 11 09:14:36 EDT 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

> Even if not globally routed, you may want to avoid a possible clash with
> another organization, for example in case of a merge.

I agree.  The importance of it being assigned by an authority is that that
authority provides uniqueness.  This is often important when an address
collision occurs, such that one entity can prove they have the legitmate
claim to use those numbers.

Although these addresses may be used "internally" it is also important
that they be capable to be supported by DNS (without setting up a
split-horrizon DNS), for ease of management

__Jason