[ppml] Policy Proposal: Resource Reclamation Incentives

Scott Leibrand sleibrand at internap.com
Sat Jun 30 22:48:41 EDT 2007

I think what Owen meant was:

1.      If the organization does not currently pay ARIN fees, their
remaining IPv4 resources shall remain fee exempt.

and

4.      All organizations returning space under this policy shall, if
they meet other eligibility requirements and so request, obtain an
appropriate IPv6 end-user assignment or ISP allocation as applicable,
with no fees for these IPv6 resources for the first 5 years.... etc.

I presume that the normal rules (that you pay the greater of your IPv4
or IPv6 fees, not the sum) will still apply in such situations, meaning
that a legacy IPv4 holder who returns some of their space and gets an
IPv6 block will begin paying fees, based on their IPv6 space, after 5 years.

Owen, am I reading between the lines correctly?

-Scott

P.S. Aaron, you might want to update the From: line your mailer
generates.  :-)