[ppml] Solicing comments: IPv4 to IPv6 Migration Incentive AddressSpace

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Wed Jun 27 00:14:30 EDT 2007

On 6/26/07, william(at)elan.net <william at elan.net> wrote:
> I'd like to mention that
> availability of ipv6 to existing ipv4 holders is not the same as
> incentive to start using it and to migrate - and we do need something
> in this area.

Hi William,

You're darn right we do. The problem is, ARIN has only three
posessions it -can- offer as incentives.

1. Discounts on the fees
2. IP addresses
3. T-shirts and baubles

ARIN has already discounted the fees to zero. It improved the IPv6
uptake rate, but not enough. "I saved the Internet" T-shirts might be
fun way to reward IPv6 registrants but I don't see a gimmick filling
the gap.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--