[ppml] Solicing comments: IPv4 to IPv6 Migration Incentive Address Space

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Tue Jun 26 16:03:43 EDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I've prepared a policy proposal I hope to submit to ARIN entitled
"IPv4 to IPv6 Migration Incentive Address Space." Through preemptively
assigning IPv6 addresses to IPv4 holders, it seeks to address three
problems ARIN faces:

1. The looming exhaustion of the IPv4 space.
2. Obsolete and incorrect legacy IPv4 registration and contact information.
3. Legacy IPv4 registrants don't pay their fair share.

The current draft of the proposal is at:

http://bill.herrin.us/arin-policy-proposal.html

If you're willing, please read through it. I'd very much like to hear:
a. Would you vote Yea or Nay? and b. How would you improve the
proposal?

Thanks in advance,
Bill Herrin

Note: Resent with from address that's actually subscribed to ppml. If
the prior one slips through, my apologies for sending it twice.

--
William D. Herrin                  herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
3005 Crane Dr.                        Web: <http://bill.herrin.us/>