[ppml] Notification for Change to ARIN AC Policy Review Process

Azinger, Marla marla.azinger at frontiercorp.com
Fri Jun 22 19:12:51 EDT 2007

Hello ARIN Community-

For the past 5 months the ARIN AC has been analyzing the internal workings of the AC Policy Review Process.  We are happy to say we have now modified our internal process so that we will better serve all ARIN participants.  The following change is effective immediately:

*AC shepherds will now be assigned to a policy proposal 3 to 4 days (barring any unforeseeable circumstances) after it is initially posted to the PPML. (Old process had shepherd assigned after initial AC review was over)  We believe this change will enable the AC to have better communication with the authors.

*AC Shepherd is an AC member who has been appointed to oversee a proposal through the policy process and work with the authors in regards to the proposal to include guidance, revisions and obtaining feedback from the community.  Shepherds provide status reports at AC meetings.  If a policy author is unable to present the proposal at the Public Policy Meeting, a shepherd will present the proposal.  There are normally 2 to 3 AC members appointed as shepherd per proposal.

We thank everyone for their involvement and suggestions.

Stay tuned...more good changes to come.

Cheers!
Marla Azinger
AC Chair