[ppml] on PPML? - was Re: How to get ...

Edward Lewis Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz
Fri Jun 22 12:09:56 EDT 2007

At 16:44 +0100 6/22/07, Jeroen Massar wrote:

>Global address consumption affects everybody globally. As such, if AfriNIC
>decides to waste address space, that affects all RIR's globally. As such it
>also affects ARIN, as such it affects you.

I guess I was too subtle in making my point.

If you are criticizing the activities of Afrinic, take it up
discreetly with Afrinic.  The "Court of Public Opinion" is not a
place for a fair "fight."

I don't like the precedent of accusing an RIR of a misdoing and
asking them to publicly defend themselves.  The RIR's operate in a
delicate balance of both openness in policy development and resource
registration and confidentiality in handling and judging the
worthiness of requests.

Working in a environment of openness, confidentiality, and neutrality
is difficult.  You cannot defend yourself to the fullest because of
the limits of what can be, what can not be, and what might otherwise
be implied.

Plus this is the ARIN mailing list.

>Then please try to explain me why I saw this recently:
>2001:42c8::/32  Canada 	TGB-V6-AFRICA

I believe that question is wholly inappropriate for this list.
Especially for this list.  (In the pulic meetings, our chair doesn't
tolerate personal "accusations" either, something I was heartened to
witness in April.)