[ppml] Revising Centrally Assigned ULA draft

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Tue Jun 19 12:33:36 EDT 2007

This debate about the headroom in routers.... "major ISPs say
this"...... "router vendors say this"....

Haven't heard anything real capacity from someone claiming the former
title recently.....

But, Randy Bush stated in an earlier email..."funny.  just last week,
the big two router vendors stood in front of us at ripe and said two
million prefixes today and ten million in a few years."

I'm thinking 'holding them' and 'routing them' in a real-world DFZ may
be a different issue.

But, seems clear from most of what I hear that David's doubling or
tripling of routes is doable an a more likely number than 2 or 3 orders
of magnitude.

Someone really know?  Someone speak.

bd