[ppml] Revising Centrally Assigned ULA draft

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Jun 15 11:14:43 EDT 2007

If you doubt about folks stating anything, then you should read *before*
minutes of meetings. I'm now off-line in a plane, so can't point you to a
specific URL, but this has been said at least in one ARIN meeting.

It has been clear across all this discussion in several exploders, that
there are both opinions, people that want ULA-C and people that don't. What
you need to be smart here is to realize that those than don't want ULA-C
have no any objective reason to oppose to it, because implementing ULA-C has
no negative impact in others. While opposing to it has negative impact to
all: Folks will use global space (PA or PI) for doing the function of ULA-C
an this is a waste, yes a small waste but a waste.

It seems to me irresponsible and unbalanced to do or try things like
changing the HD-ratio or the default assignment size to end-sites because it
is a waste, and then oppose to those that want to have ULA-C, not impacting
in others and avoiding one further small saving in global unicast space.

I'm not trying to convince anyone about supporting ULA-C, because it seems
an impossible mission at least for a few, but at least, don't object to it
if having it doesn't force you in any further implications, which is the
case.

Regards,
Jordi