[ppml] rubber/road

Paul_Vixie at isc.org Paul_Vixie at isc.org
Mon Jun 4 11:44:23 EDT 2007

> If you fear this, you should nominate, campaign for, and elect
> Board members who assuage your fear.

will there be a litmus test, then?

> > Once IPv4 space is no longer needed for routing on the Internet, if the
> > fees for IPv6 are practically nothing, how exactly is ARIN going to stay
> > in business?  Selling peat?
>
> Is that a real fear?  I plan to do whatever I legally and
> ethically can to protect the mission of ARIN.

same here.  and i don't think that mission ends when the last IPv4 block is
handed out, nor when everbody who wants one at the time has their IPv6 block.

that banner again, from www.arin.net, reads:

	Applying the principles of stewardship, ARIN, a nonprofit corporation,
	allocates Internet Protocol resources; develops consensus-based
	policies; and facilitates the advancement of the Internet through
	information and educational outreach.

i'm not sure how i can see a path toward that mission that can ever include
radical fee hikes on IPv6.  (unless you're dividing by zero by failing to
take account of the current IPv6 fee waiver.)