[ppml] Keeping the story straight

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Jun 3 04:17:47 EDT 2007

That's why it is needed ULA-Central, in the sense of a prefix that
*requires* registration in a central registry, so never there is a clash. If
a company uses ULA-Central w/o going to the registry, in case of a clash
that company will be in trouble because did the wrong thing.

Having a volunteer registry service for ULA doesn't mandate everyone to
register, and thus, nobody is doing wrong: it creates the wrong impression
that you're safe, but not really, because it is not part of the "protocol".

Regards,
Jordi