[ppml] Keeping the story straight

Christopher Morrow christopher.morrow at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 01:29:05 EDT 2007

On 5/31/07, Tony Hain <alh-ietf at tndh.net> wrote:

> what point. On the one hand people take the high-road and say ARIN does not
> talk about routability, while on the other people want to refuse space to
> people unless it is 'routed in the public Internet'. I would actually prefer
> to remove all discussion about routability and just talk about managing the
> IPv6 pool.
>
> People should be able to get a PI block and a ULA-C block, and what they do
> with those is not ARIN's concern as long as they maintain their membership.

actually I think ULA/ULA-C are not about routability (atleast not on
the public Internet) at all, they are about 'uniqueness' and a backup
plan when someone creates a 'unique' space that is the same as your
'unique' space... where that backup plan in ULA-C is: "I registered
this properly, go rechoose and this time register..."

I think the discussion of 'routability' just confuses the issue, which
is really 'uniqueness'.

-Chris