[ppml] PIv6 for legacy holders (/w RSA + efficient use)

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Sun Jul 29 23:02:41 EDT 2007

> > > no, because it's gonna be a dual stack universe for a few decades.
>
> > it's a damned shame that IPv6 doesn't include a better transition method.
>
> gosh!  you sound like you almost actually read my preso

i did read it, since i had to leave for another meeting while you were giving
it.  (at IEPG recently, this was.)  and your preso almost appears to disagree
with your statement above.  note that i don't admit the possibility of a
growth-inhibited Internet, and so, by at or near IPv4 depletion, dual stack
is what everybody has to be doing.  and so, the first statement quoted above
seems obviously true to me.  which is why, i didn't understand your objection.