[ppml] Example of a questionable block Was: Re: Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a mailing list when we are unable to speak?

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Tue Jul 24 20:46:23 EDT 2007

On 7/24/07, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at ipinc.net> wrote:
> Hmmm I wonder then what SORBS used then?

Yeah, that's the $64,000 question, isn't it. I think Leo has the right
of things: should netblock ownership and routing slots descend into
some sort of Mad Max type of future we're all going to lose.

SORBS makes an interesting bellwether; they seem to revel in being on
the leading edge of the storm.

> The point I was making was it's rather difficult merely by looking
> at a whois output to determine legitimacy.  That is why it is so important
> for orgs that list themselves in whois records to use actual e-mail
> addresses of real people, actual telephone numbers that go somewhere,
> rather than anonymous PO boxes.

You'll get no argument from me there. Though if I was in Dean's shoes
I might worry that publishing my real address and phone number would
allow the Vixie cronies [sic] to track me down. ;)

Regards,
Bill

--
William D. Herrin                  herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us