[ppml] Policy Proposal: Global Policy for the Allocationof theRemaining IPv4 Address Space

Raul Echeberria raul at lacnic.net
Tue Jul 24 11:48:04 EDT 2007

At 08:20 p.m. 23/07/2007, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>Hi,
>
>4) Last, but not least, I'm against policies that try to change the natural
>trends of existing allocations. They don't make sense. Time is short and we
>should, instead of wasting time, use ALL those extra time-slices that each
>one of us has, in moving to IPv6.

Jordi:

I think that discussing in our forums is never
wasting time and I also think that a global
policy proposal that has been approved in one
region deserves that we spend some time in discussing it.
Beside that I don't think that there is a
contradiction between working on IPv6 adoption
and discussing about IPv4 exhaustion policies.
You are aware of the efforts that are being made
in LAC region regarding IPv6 and it has no
relation with the discussion of this proposal.

Raúl

believed to be clean.