[ppml] IPv4 "Up For Grabs" proposal

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Jul 11 17:43:22 EDT 2007

Not right now.  But if IPv4 handling is botched in the future (such
as the scenario of a one-customer/one-global-route) then there will
be.  It is to our advantage to take what steps possible to avoid
this.

It is a perfectly valid question to ask how long we are expected
to track IPv4.  It is a shame that certain people's egos were buised
when they realized that they didn't think to ask the question, so now
they want to damp down discussion of it.

>there is big talk, the vast majority of which comes from
>folk who do not run v6.  if this conversation was restricted to those
>who actually run v6 from host to dfz, it would be very quiet here.

And if discussion of IPv6 was confined to those who had switched,
then you would never see serious adoption of it.

Ted