[ppml] IPv4 "Up For Grabs" proposal

bill fumerola billf at powerset.com
Mon Jul 9 16:31:18 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 02:08:19PM -0700, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> OK, then how exactly is this fact an argument AGAINST arin simply removing
> these records out of it's whois?  Which is what I am suggesting?

who does that hurt? the legacy holders or the rest of the community
trying to use a tool to find out who to contact when that netblock does
something foolish.

as a paying ARIN member, i want ARIN to keep track of as much as they're
legally, financially, technically allowed to. that WHOIS service is more
useful to me, the paying ARIN member, not the legacy holder. the legacy
holders probably know how to contact themselves.

ARIN's mission is stewardship, your mission seems to be vengeance. this
attitude is obvious across other mailing lists as well. (c.f. basically
accusing cisco of crimes against humanity on cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net).

just officially submit a proposal so it can die a quick, public death.

-- bill