[ppml] ARIN Outreach to Legacy Holders

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Jul 6 09:52:27 EDT 2007

In a message written on Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 11:31:33PM -0400, Keith W. Hare wrote:
> I've been the technical point of contact for our IPv4 /24 address for
> some time.  I don't ever remember seeing anything from ARIN asking us to
> sign an RSA and pay a yearly fee.  So, I've refused to respond to an
> invitation I haven't received.
>
> I went to the ARIN web site to see what I would have to do to sign an
> RSA for our IPv4 /24.  I don't immediately see anything that says "If
> you are a legacy address holder, this is what you do..."  So, I've
> refused to follow a process that isn't visible.

Keith makes an interesting point.  Should ARIN create a web page
clearly linked off the home page with instructions on how to sign
an RSA and become a Member for legacy holders?  They could then
mass-mail all of the legacy holders with the web page.

For all of our attempts to do things with policy, is one of the right
things to do to get the community behind a suggestion that ARIN attempt
some very direct outreach to the legacy holders?