[ppml] IPv4 "Up For Grabs" proposal

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Jul 4 06:05:13 EDT 2007

>   What do you all think of the following proposal idea:

First of all let me congratulate you for putting the horse before the
cart. In order to give legacy holders one last chance, I think we need a
frank and open discussion before we decide on the specifics of a policy
proposal. Once we get to a rough consensus on how to give people one
last chance and how to act unilaterally, then we can word a policy
proposal that will achieve that.

In particular, before writing the policy proposal, we need to review any
proposed actions against the existing policy set, to make sure that we
cover everything that needs to be covered. We also need to check that we
are withing the framework of what can be done through policy, i.e. we
cannot set any fees.

--Michael Dillon