[ppml] Policy Proposal: Changes to IPv6 policy - removal of "interim" consideration

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Mon Jan 29 15:22:50 EST 2007

Hi Jordi,

On Jan 29, 2007, at 12:04 PM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

> All the policies are subjected to changes and that doesn't mean
> they are
> interim.
>
> In fact, as you said, if we keep interim in this one, we should use
> interim
> in all the others also, right ?

Like I said, it is very strange to try and take away a statement
about how the policy is under active revision while it is being revised.

If I was going to tidy things up then I'd re-phrase the text and move
it up to the top so it applies for the whole document. I suspect it
would make more sense to wait for a time when the IPv6 policy had
been stable for 18 month or more before making this change.

Leo Vegoda
IANA Numbers Liaison