[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-1: Reinstatement of PGP Authentication Method

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Tue Feb 20 19:26:06 EST 2007

As one of the AC shepards I'd like to solicit some feedback on this
proposal.  During our review several members of ARIN staff and the
AC raised concerns about the exact phrasing of this proposal.  As
a community many have said we don't want to tell ARIN staff how to
operate ARIN through policy, and this proposal has to walk that
line.

I believe it would be valuable to the authors if some community
members could provide their comments on how to best word this policy
such that it accomplishes the goal of making PGP authentication
available while at the same time allowing ARIN staff to have as
much lattitude as possible in the implementation details.

Note, while the discussion is with this policy, as it implements
something new, it goes hand in hand with 2007-2 and 2007-3, which
seek to update the documentation for Mail From and X.509 to be
complementary.

As always, we also need more comments on if you are for or against
this policy.