[ppml] Policy Proposal: Definition of known ISP and changes to

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Fri Aug 31 12:01:58 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 10:24:05AM -0500, Brian Johnson wrote:
> Isn't there already a prefix set aside for mapping ipv4 into ipv6? If
> there isn't, wouldn't doing this imply that anyone who has ipv4 space
> can simply map this into ipv6 and away you go?

Do you mean the stuff defined in RFC 3513 section 2.5.5?  I don't think
anyone's routing that.  I think the mechanism was even obsoleted by
another RFC.

Perhaps you are referring to the NAT-PT described in RFC 2766, which is
obsoleted by RFC 4966.

In either case, I don't think this will work as you think.

-David