[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv6 Policy Housekeeping

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Aug 17 15:25:04 EDT 2007

There has been a lot of back channel discussion before I submitted
this policy, and I want to bring PPML into the loop.

This started out as a clean up effort, taking care of issues that
don't affect policy but simply make the NRPM more confusing.  The
goal was not to change any policy.

Along the way we ran into a number of ambiguous items that needed
to be clarified.  For some ARIN staff has some experience and has
some sort of de facto policy since the written text is not clear.
For others, since this is IPv6, the situations really haven't come
up yet.

I attempted to write clarifications matching the de facto policy
and/or by trying to be as bland and uncontroversial as possible.
Again, the goal was not to make new policy, but it really became
necessary to a degree to make things fully make sense.

If there are controversial items I'm inclined to pull those out,
leaving this policy to be the non-controversial edits.  Any items we
pull out could be addressed in the future on a case by case basis by
other policy proposals.

Your comments on this matter are greatly appreciated.