[ppml] Policy Proposal: Expand timeframe of Additional Requests

Lee Dilkie Lee at Dilkie.com
Wed Aug 15 16:48:01 EDT 2007

Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> If ARIN charged $0.268/yr/IP, just for the 26 /8s that show up as "ARIN" in
> IANA's list, that'd be enough to cover ARIN's current budget.  Not only

unless my math is wrong, I get somewhere in the order of $0.0229 or a
tad over 2 cents/ip/yr to cover the current $10M budget.

But your point is a good one. And 2 cents/ip isn't a bad number, the
entire internet would generate $85M/yr for all the RiR's (well, it'd be
a bit less due to loss of some non-valid space). And my legacy /24 would
cost me $5.12/yr. At that, I'd easily consider a membership.

-lee