[ppml] Policy Proposal: Resource Renewal and Verification

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Apr 25 12:29:09 EDT 2007

>    If renewal is not at least 90 days out when the POC is notified of
> ARIN's decision not to renew, a 90 day grace period shall be granted.

That's a really bad rounding algorithm. It would be better to say
that the date, 90 days before the renewal date, is considered to be
the deadline for discussions. That way, everyone marches to the same
rhythm and ARIN staff can plan their actions based on when renewal
dates come around.

> Any decision not to renew may be appealed to the BoT who shall act an
> the appeal within 30 days.  The decision of the BoT shall be final.

An appellate court? Do they need some rules by which they must reach
their decisions?

In any case, I am opposed to this policy. It is too simplistic and I
don't believe that it can be repaired with a bit of editing because it
starts with the wrong premises.

--Michael Dillon