[ppml] My view on IPv4 (was: Re: IPv4 wind-down)

Antonio Querubin tony at lava.net
Tue Apr 3 13:47:37 EDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Jim Weyand wrote:

> - it's unfair that more than 50% of all IPv4 address space is held by
> US entities which then get to make a lot of money from them, while
> the developing world holds next to no address space and would have to
> buy it from richer countries

Spending time and energy complaining about unfairness, hordeing, FUD over
the end of days, etc. isn't very productive.  Nobody's gonna buy anything
at scalper prices which can be gotten for much less through normal means.
An IP address provides you presence on the net.  It doesn't have to be an
IPv4 address.  Some countries have already figured this out...

Antonio Querubin
whois:  AQ7-ARIN