[ppml] Policy Proposal: Reinstatement of PGP Authentication Method

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Wed Oct 25 04:51:39 EDT 2006

      On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Leo Bicknell wrote:
    > Since a key isn't referenced by Key ID or Fingerprint it's
    > impossible to tell for sure which key is being referenced, however I
    > assume the author intends for ARIN to continue using the original
    > InterNIC key.

The document is not intended to be prescriptive at that level of
nanomanagement.  The ARIN staff have assured us that they have an
appropriate key, and they're able to make it work in the necessary way.
We assume that they know what they're talking about.  Your point is well
taken, and that key being identifiably different than a preexisting
InterNIC key would have some value.  You're on the AC, and you may be able
to work that in, if the rest of the AC feels it's appropriate, or you
could create an additional and complementary policy, if you feel taht it's
necessary, or you could just let your clearly-communicated suggestion
stand, knowing that the staff read the PPML and are intelligent people who
will weigh the idea judiciously.

                                -Bill