[ppml] Staff Comments Regarding Policy Proposal 2006-3

>As was discussed at the Montreal meeting, I just don't see the gain to
>adding this to the template.  If a recipient wants to provide this
>there is a process for providing it in a much more meaningful and useful
>form using RPSL in ARIN's (or any of several other) routing registries.

The suggestion of using the templates to collect the data had two
- inherit the operator discipline of completing the templates (population
  of the routing registry is considerably more rare - piggyback on something
  people are familiar with)
- inherit the scrutiny and authentication of the ARIN process of accepting

If the discipline and scrutiny could be transferred somehow to the
routing registry, that's great.

The original proposal is a "reduce it to a problem that has already
been solved" approach.

Note also: security-wise, this is better than the status quo.  As Geoff
indicated at the mike, security-wise, this is not better than the PKI
resource certificate approach.