[ppml] IPv6 initial allocation policy

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Mon Mar 13 17:22:36 EST 2006

What text/policy would you support for IPv6 PI space to end sites?  If any?

I seem to remember at the ARIN last meeting there was absolutely no agreement on the proposed policies which used IPv6 language to define requirements for end site organizations.  Number of hosts, number of subnets, etc...

I agree that IPv4 and IPv6 are different and we probably shouldn't tie the two together, however we know and understand IPv4 allocation requirements.  Creating a policy that builds on this knowledge seems likely to have the greatest possibility of achieving consensus, since I don't think we know what IPv6 networks will look like at this point.

Andrew