[ppml] a modified proposal 2005-8

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Mar 11 20:41:54 EST 2006

> Are you suggesting that we should assume a sufficient clue level
> for all ISP/LIRs?

if we assume cluelessness, then we should only hand out address
space to isps who take and pass a written exam.  and we could put
their grade in a bgp attribute, so we could treat their routes
accordingly.

get real.  set the guidelines that should be followed.  read nanog
to see what happens to low quality isps, customers make the quality
vs pricing decision pretty well.

in line with that, basing policy on every usage scenario we can
imagine in our fantasies is mentally deficient.  it leads right
back to tlas, nlas, ...

we should be doing our best to be reality-based.  that's hard
enough that we don't need more koolaid.

randy