[ppml] Policy without information?

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Tue Jan 31 04:51:24 EST 2006

> > Unless someone presents QUANTITATIVE information demonstrating
> > a real route scaling problem then I do not believe that there
> > is such a problem.
>
> have you asked a vendor how they plan on scalling to 1M routes in
> their FIB? what about  2M or 20M ?

This is an excellent question.

I wonder why we are considering making policy without first
sending a letter to the major vendors asking them for their
public comments on the route scaling problem. This is an
area in which we don't have to fly blind.

Let's ask ARIN staff to send an open letter to the major
vendors and ask for their answers prior to making any
policy decision on v6 PI addressing.

--Michael Dillon