ARIN-PPML Message

[ppml] Policy Proposal 2006-1: Residential Customer Privacy

william(at)elan.net wrote:
> I oppose this policy proposal. The city and state data is not specific
> enough as to reveal location of the user, but it is very useful for
> statistical & geographic analysis purposes.

Privacy shouldn't be compromised because you or others want demographic
information.

Maybe city and state aren't important to you.

I live in a town of 750 and don't grunge my email address.  Had I chosen
to keep my address information private, the disclosure of city and state
to assist nutcases would be a serious problem.