[ppml] 2005-1 status

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Tue Jan 24 18:42:00 EST 2006

To translate this, it will be at least 2010 before a substantial
numbers of Windows hosts support
shim6 with an aggressive schedule of pushing the protocol.

vista in 2007. Daniel is correct; nothing but a serious bug can be
changed in Vista now.
next WOS is, by recent history, at least 2 years later, say 2009
it takes order several years for a new OS to achieve substantial
numbers.

The timing of a Mac OS X upgrade depends both on when it gets into
Free BSD and how
much political capital IPv6 has with Apple.

I really don't think SHIM6 should impact 2005-1 one way or the other.
As I said, when it's out there,
we can revisit this.

regards
Marshall