[ppml] New role for NRO

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Fri Feb 24 10:41:52 EST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com wrote:

> Have a look at this:
> http://www.fbo.gov/spg/DOC/OS/OAM/Reference-Number-DOCNTIARFI0001/SynopsisR.html
>
> Perhaps NRO could bid for the role of allocating IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
> to registries?

Looks to me like its regularly scheduled resigning of IANA contract.
Likely per policies of USG, they can not simply automaticly renew
the contract and have to allow for others to submit for this role.

And I suspect rebidding on part of this "contract" is not allowed either.

What does interest me though is that they list assignment of both
ipv4 AND ipv6 addresses to registries. IPv6 was really supposed to
be independent creation of internet community and not part of what
was developed under [D]ARPA and which thereafter was transformed to
become a symbolic contract with USG DoC.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net