[ppml] Version think... was: alternative to 2005-1

Glenn Wiltse iggy at merit.edu
Mon Feb 13 14:12:43 EST 2006

    I forgot to include my objection to the use of the term 'end site'
in the policy. This term as currently defined in ARIN policy does not
apply to ARIN, and ARIN should not be assigning IPv6 space directly
to a 'end site' given the current definition of the term.

   Why should dificulty in renumbering be the determining factor? Perhaps
it would be just as easy to create a way to easily renumber IPv6 space
as it would be to create new routing protocols to deal with /48s
everywhere. Much of my reasoning for wanting to avoid direct assignments
of /48s has to do with routing issues, and not wanting to create policy
that is surely going to cause problems with routing scalablity.

   I don't think it's a question of how many direct IPv4 assignments
there are now, it's how many direct IPv6 assignments there could be.

  I guess for the most part, we are going to have to agree to disagree
on these matters.

Glenn Wiltse