[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv4 Micro-allocations for anycast services (experimental)

Scott Leibrand sleibrand at internap.com
Fri Feb 10 14:21:20 EST 2006

David,

A very similar policy was rejected at the last ARIN meeting in L.A.  on
the grounds that a subnet of an existing network is adequate for running
anycast.  Can you clarify why this policy is required, in light of that
consensus?  I think there is significant disagreement in the community
with your statement that "many ISPs also filter routes longer than /22,
[so] it is impractical to use a longer mask for any netblock that is
utilized for an anycast service."  Do you have concrete examples to back
up this statement?

Thanks,
Scott