[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv6 Direct PI Assignments for End Sites

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Fri Feb 10 13:21:34 EST 2006

This policy draft was not intended to address every case.  At this point we have a need for large orgs to be able to obtain IPv6 address space to begin the transition process.

I would have a hard time supporting a policy which permited "Joe's Corporation" to get a /48 for each of their 1000 offices and then announce them into the IPv6 default free zone (DFZ).

If we did allow the above we truly create a first adoptor advantage, because lots of /48's in the DFZ is not sustainable.

Andrew