[ppml] Principles for IPv6 PI allocations to end sites

George Kuzmowycz George.Kuzmowycz at aipso.com
Thu Feb 9 16:54:46 EST 2006

>>> Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> 02/09/2006 4:12:29 PM >>>

--On February 9, 2006 3:04:13 PM -0500 Edward Lewis
<Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz>
wrote:

> I wish I had an answer.  (I knew that when I spoke up.)
>
> But seriously, the drive to want provider independent space is a
> reaction to not be willing to rely on a single ISP.   I'll go
further
> out the limb and say "not willing to rely on a single ISP to be
> reliable."

[SNIP]

The bottom line is that no sane enterprise (or even small business with
significant dependence on internet for it's business) would accept
being
locked into a single provider.

The argument I tried to make last week, before I went out of e-mail
range, is that from the enterprise perspective it is no longer a
question of "would accept"; in today's business regulatory environment
enterprises which rely on Internet connectivity for some portion of
their business _are not permitted_ to accept this condition.