[ppml] alternative to 2005-1

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Thu Feb 9 12:21:27 EST 2006

It is just a line in the sand.

I personally believe that a /22 is too small, however there are those who will think that an org with a /22 should be able to obtain a IPv6 PI address space.  By increasing the IPv4 network requirement we reduce the number of possible allocations.  I think this is a reasonable compromise to ensure that we adopt a IPv6 PI policy sooner rather than later.

Having said that if the consensus of the community is to allow an org with a /22 to obtain a IPv6 PI allocation, I also support that.

Andrew