[ppml] Comments on revised 2005-1 proposal of 2006-02-03

Glenn Wiltse iggy at merit.edu
Thu Feb 9 09:33:44 EST 2006

   I wasn't nessasarly endorsing any 'host count' as being the
defining factor. However I do think the main point of contention
is how exactly to determin some size threshold nessasary, and what
to use as a unit of meassure. That's why I personaly like
the idea of using unique street addresss.

   One thing I don't like, and I think many others don't like, is the idea
that ARIN would hand out many /48s simply because some orginzations felt
they had to have PI space and/or they are currently multi homed.

   Maybe later, after some of the biggest end originzations have gotten PI
space, and we know where we stand in terms of demand and/or needs, we
could possibly later relax the size limits and/or then start to give out
smaller block, etc...

Glenn Wiltse