[ppml] 2005-1 status

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Mon Feb 6 05:06:23 EST 2006

> Good point; that's a major oversight.  Though I think the fees for doing
it
> would discourage most folks, it still needs to be fixed/clarified.

Careful about this. It would not be wise to
draw the Department of Justice into a "restraint
of trade" investigation. Fees need to be fair and
represent the value provided. One can argue that
the value provided by ARIN to a service provider
is vastly larger than the value provided to an
end user and therefore, the end user fees should
be vastly lower than the service provider fees.

In addition, the annual fees reflect the fact that
service providers require continuing support from
ARIN because of their assignment activity and the
inevitable requests for additional allocations.
This is not the case for end users.

Can you justify an onging fee at all?

And can you justify more than a $100 first time
fee?

--Michael Dillon