[ppml] "Recommended Practices" procedure

Christopher Morrow christopher.morrow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 23:14:15 EDT 2006

On 4/25/06, Marshall Eubanks <tme at multicasttech.com> wrote:
> Well, I am not going to say that I disagree about that either, but
> it's pretty clear to me that there are interested people here who do
> not generally
> come to NANOGs or ARIN meetings. Of course, many of them don't come
> to IETF's either...

is there not a reason to pursue it at both? The problem that Jason
(and I think Marla) are dancing around is that in an RIR based
solution, or any solution that is not 'globally agreed upon', lends
itself to a failed solution.

Today, MOST providers will accept and re-advertise a /24 route, this
seems to be a 'globally agreed upon' boundary. This is good and bad
(debate later). In v6 this hasn't really been set yet, though with
2005-1 passing (potentially, depending on AC I suppose?) the boundary
will be /48... it'll quickly be 'all /48' as well I predict.