[ppml] "Recommended Practices" procedure

Scott Leibrand sleibrand at internap.com
Wed Apr 26 11:40:24 EDT 2006

Marla,

I think the best approach might be to bring it up (in a WG or BOF) both at
the next IETF and the next joint NANOG/ARIN meeting.

One advantage of doing it in the IETF's v6ops WG would be that the IETF
has a publication mechanism (RFCs/BCPs).  The disadvantage of that, and an
advantage of doing it in an operator/RIR forum, is that RFCs can't be
updated once published (just obsoleted), so a more "living" document would
be less likely to run into staleness problems...

-Scott