[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-1: Provider-independent IPv6

Arin Archive arin at sprint.net
Wed Apr 26 02:15:53 EDT 2006

I am against this policy.
It appears that most people at the last want to make a policy for policy's
sake. There are many other things that haven't been looked at in addition
to just IPv4 and IPv6 tables. I haven't heard or seen any studies of the
impact that VPNs have in addtion and even get more nervious when
discussions on PEv6 are brought up. As others have mentioned, historically
temporary solutions aren't. I believe that we are making the same mistakes
as we did when v4 was first rolled out with a /48 out of a  reserved /44
per PI request. How large is this PI swamp that is being proposed?
If 2005-1 is repealed, how will the space be returned without litigation?
Odds are that it won't and we'll be forced with it with no recourse.

Aaron Dudek