[ppml] Path forward on 2006-1

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Tue Apr 25 05:03:04 EDT 2006

 "Ray Plzak" <plzak at arin.net> wrote on 24/04/2006 19:35:31:

> While not necessarily needed for verification of all address ranges, it
is
> needed. I will not go into a discussion of how often or under which
> circumstances it is specifically used, but will say that it is necessary
> information needed by staff to perform their work.

I am surprised that you would post this to a public policy
discussion of changes to the WHOIS publishing policy.
Maybe you got sucked in by BAD HABIT people have of
referring to policies by random numbers such as
2006-1 instead of speaking to the substance.

However, it is not any business of the ARIN staff
what information we choose to publish in the WHOIS
directory and it has no impact on the staff's ability
to to their job outside of the people who deal with
operations and development of the whois directory.

Again, ARIN staff can already get more complete
information than WHOIS publishing policy specifies.
On more than one occasion I have supplied a database
with EVERY assigned netblock including those smaller
than /29. The Residential Privacy policy refers only
to the information published in the whois directory and
has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ADDRESS APPLICATIONS.

--Michael Dillon