[ppml] Policy Proposal 2006-2: Micro-allocations for Internal Infrastructure - to be revised

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Sat Apr 22 14:49:04 EDT 2006

On 4/21/06, Stacy Taylor <ipgoddess at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Jason.  That is indeed what I was asking.

Ah!  OK, the longer explanation helped--I was indeed a bit confused
by the shorthand version.  ^_^;  (Thanks, Jason!).

Yes, modifying the proposal that way to factor out the common
elements would work; I'd favour option 2 or option 4--operationally,
I don't really see a difference between the two, except that with
option 4 one has the potential for needing to clarify how the policing
is handled--that is, the conditions under which the allocation can be
revoked need to be clearly spelled out.  After all, you wouldn't want
me to be able to leak UUnet^WVerizon's backbone allocation from
my home AS, and have ARIN revoke your allocation because of it.

Matt
(re-sending to ppml with correct 'from' address)