[ppml] Just say *NO* to PI space -- or how to make it lessdestructive

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Apr 20 16:15:41 EDT 2006

Geoff, why are you trying to make the explanation that complex?

Its all very simple - if ISPs in other (non-ARIN) regions do not like
ARIN's policy on PI allocations, those ISPs will filter these PI blocks
and the result is that those who got the block would not be able to
communicate with majority of IPv6 network (north america share of ipv6
is rather small) and so blocks would be mostly useless...

So really we have no choice, if you want IPv6 PI assignments it
can not be just North America's decision - you have to convince rest
of the world that this is ok and should be accepted practice or
at least tried out.

[Note: By ISP above I actually mean network in general not necessarily
        commercial intenet service provider]