[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-8: Proposal to amend ARIN IPv6 assignment and utilisation requirement - Last Call

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sat Apr 15 11:27:01 EDT 2006

Hi Randy,

My reading from the RFC4291 (IPv6 Addressing Architecture) regarding unicast
addresses is based on:

"For all unicast addresses, except those that start with the binary value
000, Interface IDs are required to be 64 bits long and to be constructed in
Modified EUI-64 format."

I'm curious about this, in case my interpretation is incorrect.

Regards,
Jordi