[ppml] 4.4.2 Micro-allocations for anycast services

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Tue Apr 11 09:34:14 EDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 09:26:51AM -0400, Scott Leibrand wrote:
> Ok.  If this policy is intended for allocations to organizations who don't
> have PI space, I don't have any real objections to it.  I would be
> somewhat more comfortable if we explicitly stated the expectation that if
> you have PI space you should use it for this purpose, and only be eligible
> for a micro-allocation if you're not big enough to need a PI /22.  But I
> won't try to hold up the policy until the next meeting based on that
> quibble.

I'd like to add that if the PI space you do have is in some way
unsuitable, you can still qualify.  I'll happily agree that this
proposed policy isn't perfect: I don't think we'll know until we get
some experience with it.  I fully expect that it will get modified in
about a year or so.  Perhaps we can ad additional requirements or
qualifications if the need becomes clear.

-David