[ppml] PI Policy 2005-01/2006-04: Eligibility

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Apr 6 19:22:36 EDT 2006

>> On qualifications for obtaining a PI assignment:
>>
>> 2006-04:
>>
>>> To qualify for a direct end site assignment, an organization must meet
>>> all of the following criteria:
>>>
>>> 1. not be an LIR;
>>> 2. be an end site;
>>> 3. be currently multihomed using IPv4;
>>> 4. have a direct assignment from ARIN of at least a IPv4 /19 and can
>>>    show the current utilization of 80% of an IPv4 /19 equivalent.
>>
> This is my main objection to 2006-04.  This is a little more restrictive
> than the current policy, and I think that it would be bad to make a more
> restrictive policy for IPv6 allocation, at this time.  Let's do
> *something* to encourage adoption.  We can, in fact, change it later, if
> necessary....

I agree that 2006-4 is too restrictive.  However, it is less restrictive
than current v6 policy.  The current v4 policy is significantly less
restrictive than this, but, v6 policy provides absolutely no possibility
of PI space to an end-site at this time.

Owen

--
If this message was not signed with gpg key 0FE2AA3D, it's probably
a forgery.